Reynosa, Mexico Mission Trip
In partnership with Serve His Kids, Crossroads travels to Reynosa, Mexico to serve at Pilar de Esperanza Orphanage. Serve His Kids believes that with proper nutrition, education, and spiritual guidance, the lives of young people can be positively changed.
The team will stay at the orphanage, spend time building relationships with the kids and staff, and serve ministry through work projects, meal preparation, English lessons, sports, games, crafts, and children/youth ministry.
There will be 5-6 team gatherings for orientation and planning held in Cottage Grove. These meetings are required for anyone wishing to travel to Mexico with the team.
The cost of the trip is $1,000 per person. A deposit of $200 is required to hold your place.
Click here to request more information about the Mexico Mission Trip.
Have more questions? to contact the trip leader.
2020 Trip Dates
November 15th - 21st 2020
Estimated cost is $1,000.
- This fee includes airfare, ground transportation, food, housing and project supplies for your week stay at Pilar.
- Fundraising is encouraged, sample fundraising letters are available.
- A passport, passport card or enhanced driver’s license is required to travel to Pilar.
- A visa is not needed.
- No special immunizations are needed, although a current tetanus booster is recommended.
- Reynosa Mexico is located on the U.S. border with Texas. Over the past ten years there have been many issues in the region.
- In the years we have been traveling to Pilar, we have not encountered any problems. The orphanage is located in ranch land, away from the city where the majority of problems occur.
- Drinking water is available with Pilar’s water purification system. Surroundings tend to be primitive, very different than we are accustom to and may stretch your comfort zone.
- The mission lasts one week, typically Saturday to Saturday.
- There are also several team meetings for orientation and planning held in Woodbury. These meetings are important and attendance is mandatory.
- People of Mexico primarily speak Spanish.
- Interpreters are provided.
- Many people at the orphanage speak or are learning English.
- Pilar Orphanage is located in the desert region of northern Mexico. The weather tends to be very hot and windy in the summer and cool and damp in the winter. Spring and fall are mild.
- The group will fly to McAllen Texas and drive 45 minutes across the U.S./ Mexican border to the orphanage.
- We typically fly American Airlines with first bag fees of $25.00 and $30.00 for second.
- Large donations are driven to the orphanage.
13 years and older.