Comayagua, Honduras Mission Trip
Crossroads travels to Villa de San Antonio, Comayagua to work alongside Pastors Peter and Martita Hearne and the members of the Linaje Escogido Church.
The team works directly with local church ministries like children feeding programs, senior citizen meal delivery, home visits, youth camps, community outreach events, and city-wide Christian concerts.
There will be 7 team gatherings for orientation and planning held in Woodbury. These meetings are required for anyone wishing to travel to Honduras with the team.
The estimated cost of the trip is $1,550 per person. A deposit of $200 is required to hold your place.
Click here to request more information about the Honduras Mission Trip.
Have more questions? to contact the trip leader.
2020 Trip Dates
Postponed: March 16th - 23rd 2020
September 22nd - 29th 2020
Estimated cost is $1500.
- Airfares to Honduras fluctuate greatly which is our greatest cost.
- Additional costs cover hotel, ground transportation, meals, water, translators, field leaders, project supplies, etc.
- You are responsible for personal spending money and Honduras airport exit taxes of $50 per person.
- Sample fund raising letters are available upon request.
- All your expenses are tax deductible.
- Yes, you need a valid passport
- No special visas are required for a short stay in Honduras
- Yes. See your doctor or a travel clinic. Information is also available on the website for the US Center for Disease Control in Atlanta. Generally, the recommended immunizations are Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid, Malaria , and an update to your tetanus. We donot plan to be in the rainforest area of Honduras, which sometimes requires additional immunizations.
- In sixteen years of travel, we have never had an incident. Except for being in the airport, we are not in the large cities where much of the crime occurs. As a group we try to be as prudent as possible.
- We are visiting a developing country with its own culture. The people are poor and the infrastructure is not like home.
- We take precautions such as only drinking bottled water and getting our immunizations before we depart.
- We stay in clean, safe hotels; however the mission areas we work in are remote with limited facilities.
- The actual trip is normally 7-10 days.
- In addition, there will be team meetings for orientation and planning. These team meetings are very important and you are expected to attend. The training dates will be: November 11th, 18th, 25th, December 16th, 30th and January 6th (packing).
- Hondurans speak Spanish. The Hearne family (our hosts) is bilingual.
- We also hire local people to interpret for our teams.
- Most of the past mission participants were not fluent in Spanish, but still found the experience rewarding. You will be amazed at how much communicating you can do without language.
- We will be in central Honduras, near the city of Comayagua. Average temperature highs range in the mid-80’s and lows in the mid-60’s.
- The airlines allow one free check-in bag and one carry-on. We prefer everyone use the carry-on for their personal items so that the check-in bag can be used for project supplies and donations.
13 years and older.